2022/08/26 - IMPORTANT NOTICE ON SECONDARY RIGHTS ROYALTY COLLECTIONS / ORDERLY TRANSITION TO NEW ARRANGEMENTS
- By unanimous decision of its Board of Directors, PACC will cease to represent all affiliated Claimants after December 31, 2022, for the collection of non-Canadian secondary use audiovisual rights royalties.
- PACC Claimants with active Authorization Forms are therefore being notified prior to August 31, 2022 in order to provide the required four (4) months advance notice of the Termination effective December 31, 2022.
- If you are a PACC Claimant and have not received your Termination Notice or have any questions please contact the Secretary-Treasurer of PACC for your copy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- PACC will continue to collect royalties on behalf of Claimants until the end of 2022 and make a final royalty distribution to eligible Claimants during 2023.
- PACC is also committed to promoting an orderly transition for its Claimants where possible, and will be providing available information during the Notice period on applicable secondary rights royalty collection alternatives for 2023 and future years.
- This decision and commitment of the PACC Board of Directors was taken after extensive study, and is being undertaken in the belief that it is in the best interests of the organization and its Claimants going forward.
- More information is contained in the Notice of Termination Letter available from email@example.com